Я там, де є благословіння
S T A T U T E
of the Open European Festival-competition of a Spiritual Song
“I’m where the Blessing is”
1. General Conditions
The founder of the Open European Festival-competition of a Spiritual Song “I’m where the Blessing is” is the Ternopil City Council.
The main aims of Festival-competition are:
- propagation and spreading of cultural and spiritual values of Christian songs in the world;
- creation and promotion of contemporary religious songs among the Christians around the world, enrichment their spirituality, search and support of talented individuals;
- establishment of close relationship between creative teams and performers in Ukraine and around the world.
2. Tasks of the Festival-competition:
- glorification of God and Jesus Christ, spreading of the Good News of Jesus Christ through a song;
- searching and supporting of the talented authors, choral groups and performers of a spiritual song;
- aesthetic and spiritual development of the young people;
- the subject-matter of the songs should reflect the essence of Christian vocation and Christian values.
3. The Festival-competition Dates:
Open European Festival-competition of Spiritual Song “I’m where the Blessing is” is conducted annually in April in Ternopil (Ukraine) at the address: Palace of Culture “Berezil’” named after Les Kurbas, 6, Myru Str.
4. The Terms of the Festival-competition:
Creative amateur and professional choir groups, vocal ensembles of different Christian denominations from the regions of Ukraine and other countries are invited to take part in the Festival-competition.
The Festival-competition is held in the following categories: professionals and amateurs.
The category “professionals” includes professional chores, vocal groups and ensembles, also groups from the music schools and music colleges.
The category “amateurs” includes all the other chores and vocal bands.
The Festival- competition is held in the following categories:
- church and secular choirs (up to 26 participants including the group leader),
- small vocal groups and vocal ensembles (up to 13 including the group leader).
The participants of the Festival-competition shall be assessed in two age-categories:
1st category: 14 – 17 years old;
2nd category: 18 years old and older.
In case of some disputable cases the jury defines the age-category of the performers.
During the competitive performance the choir groups perform two songs (one of which is necessarily a capella). The duration of the performance shouldn’t be more than 15 minutes.
Small vocal groups and ensembles perform two songs according to their choice : capella, with musical accompaniment or phonogram (-). Phonograms «minus» should be on CDs, MDs or flesh-cards.
During the Festival-competition there may be held some concerts in the churches or concert halls of Ternopil.
5. The Festival-competition Procedures:
- competitive audition is conducted after the sortition;
- sortition is carried out as the application become available to the Organizing Committee;
- the winners shall be chosen by the jury after all the performances.
6. The Composition of the Jury and the Awarding Procedure:
The Composition of the Jury of the Open European Festival-competition of Spiritual Song “I’m where the Blessing is” is announced before the beginning of the Festival-competition.
Competitive performances are assessed by the jury according the following criteria:
- Performance mastery and vocal skills;
- Combining of the artistic image with spiritual meaning of the song;
- Theatrical performance and appearance.
All the performers are awarded with the Diplomas of the Festival-competition and souvenirs. The winners of the Festival-competition are awarded with the Diploma of the Gran-Prix and bronze statuette-symbol in each category separately, Diploma of Laureate of the I, II, III places and precious prizes in each nominations and age category separately.
The decision of the Jury is considered to be definite and can’t be discussed.
The jury at the initiative of government agencies, NGOs and associations, entrepreneurs and Founds has the right to award additional special certificates and prizes.
7. Participation in the Festival-competition:
In order to participate in the Festival-competition please send the following information to the address of the Organizing Committee of Festival:
- registration form;
- demonstration phonograms + of the songs or video of the performances, which have been made no later than 2013;
- a colour picture of the group or the participant of the Festival-competition (in jpg format) and the picture of the choir’s conductor alone.
After providing all the necessary documents the participants will receive the official invitation letter from the Organizing Committee.
8. Terms of Stay:
– Participants of the Festival-competition and accompanying persons are to pay a fee of 20 Euros per person.
– Accommodation and meals (two meals per day) are covered by the Organizing Committee.
– Meeting on arrivals and departure of participants and accompanying persons is entrusted to the Organizing Committee
– The costs of accommodation and meals of the participants and the accompanying persons, whose number exceeds the above mentioned quantity are covered by the participants.
Please send your documents and applications to the following e-mail addresses:
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, tel.+(38)0352 42 06 72
mob.tel. +(38) 097 7209784, +(38) 067 9269383